Dual Enrollment for High School Students
Louisiana Tech in partnership with participating high schools is pleased to provide an opportunity for qualified students to earn college credit while still enrolled in high school. Students earn both high school and college credit for the courses in this program.
BENEFITS OF DUAL ENROLLMENT
- Earn college credit while in high school
- Potential to graduate early at a lower cost
- TOPS recipients who graduate college early may use remaining TOPS for graduate school
- Potential for scholarship eligibility
For more details on this exciting opportunity, please click here.
TO APPLY FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT:
Print, complete, and send this form along with the $20 application fee and a check for $150 (tuition for a 3-hour course) to Michael Solice, Coordinator of the Barksdale Program, at the following address:The Barksdale Program P.O. Box 128 723 Douhet, Building #4314 Barksdale Air Force Base, LA 71110
Eligible high school students may enroll in one University course per quarter at the Barksdale Instructional Site only. Under this program, there is no requirement to simultaneously earn high school credit as is the case for Dual Enrollment.
Students must be recommended by their high school principal and have the following qualifications:
- Maintain a “B” or better average on all work pursued during previous 2 years of high school
- Preferred ACT composite of at least 24 (1090 SAT (SAT Critical Reading + Math)
TO APPLY FOR CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT:
Potential students for concurrent enrollment need to complete a regular application for admission and supplement it with this form. Send these along with the $20 application fee and a check for $150 (tuition for a 3-hour course) to Michael Solice, Coordinator of the Barksdale Program, at the following address:Barksdale Program P.O. Box 128 723 Douhet , Building #4314 Barksdale Air Force Base, LA 71110